Quality & Food Safety Technologist Vacancy Announced @ Mars
Mars is seeking a Quality Food & Safety (Q&FS) Technologist for our Mars Petcare site in Columbia, SC. The Q&FS Technologist is responsible for ensuring all relevant Q&FS standards are implemented and continuously improved to assure Q&FS at the local site, protecting the consumer and our brands.
The Q&FS Technologists plays a key role at the manufacturing sites. This role will be responsible for leading food safety programs including internal audit, CAPA, and management review. The Q&FS Technologist role plays a pivotal role in incident investigations, risk assessment, and root cause analysis. The Q&FS Technologist will lead risk assessments for all changes such CAB, new products/pack/process and/or new regulations/ standard that impacts QFS.
Job Title: Quality & Food Safety Technologist – Columbia
Location Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Job ID: 899881
Food Science, engineering, biological sciences, chemistry, or equivalent Bachelor’s degree.
Ability and aptitude to work in an R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Distribution environment.
Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP), ISO, Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology.
- 2+ year of experience in a Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory Services, or Engineering area preferred.
- Experience and/or exposure to thermal processing activities preferred.
- Working knowledge of pet food processing and packaging
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Support the site based internal audit program to ensure all processes and procedures are managed in accordance to corporate Quality and Food Safety Standards, Business
- Unit QFS directives and FDA regulations.
- Lead root causes analysis session for product-related incidents (PRIMPS) and make recommendations to correct issues.
- Facilitate the corrective and preventative action programs in compliance to MARS QMP standards.
- Food Safety Representative for site HACCP Team.
- Responsible associate for the sites hold management systems (SAP/ Nexus ) ensuring requirements and procedures including product disposition and destruction are in accordance with Mars Quality and Food Safety Standards and Business Unit directives
- Lead the food safety risk assessment process for all changes such CAB, New products/pack/process and or new regulations/ standard that impacts QFS. Document all approved changes as per Business Unit requirements
- Participate in FMEA and other lean six sigma tools for continuous quality improvement.
- Lead the consumer and customer complaints investigations process ensuring follow-up inappropriate timings and recommend actions to site QFS mgr.
- Conduct statistical analysis on consumer complaint trends and recommend actions for improvements
- Provide training on relevant food safety standards to supply associates.
- Support thermal process activities at the site: These activities will include but are not limited to heat penetration and temperature distribution testing, process deviation evaluation, and other thermal processing responsibilities as defined by the Process Authority.
- The associate will corroborate thermal processing activities with product development and production associates in executing experimental testing that spans existing and future packaging formats such as pouches, tubs, cans, and custom-made containers
Quality & Food Safety Technologist