GSK Hiring – Infectious Diseases Scientific Investigator Post Vacancy
Are you a highly motivated scientific professional with experience in infectious diseases research? If so, this Scientific Investigator role within the Infectious Diseases Research Unit (IDRU) may be right for you!
The IDRU is one of the Research Units within GSK’s R&D organization and is responsible for the discovery of novel approaches and targets to treat human infectious diseases and progressing them to early clinical development studies. The Research Unit has an impactful portfolio of projects in Hepatitis B, bacterial infections, and viral respiratory infections (including COVID-19), as well as collaborations with Vir Biotechnology and 23andMe.
Job Title: Scientific Investigator, Infectious Diseases
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
Req Id: 303441
They are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. degree in Virology, Microbiology or a related discipline plus three or more years of post-doctoral research experience, or a Master’s degree in Virology, Microbiology or a related discipline with over five years of research experience in the industry.
- Track-record of scientific innovation as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations or patents.
- Expertise in virology, including practical experience in the isolation, culture and manipulation of human viruses.
- Ability to design, prosecute and interpret experimental studies independently.
- Expertise in assay development and validation.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience working with respiratory viruses, complex in vitro disease models, and in vivo models of infection.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams and collaborating across organisational boundaries.
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the capability to present data to multi-disciplinary audiences.
- Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
Prior experience in selecting and validating drug targets.
- Strong understanding of small- and/or large-molecule drug discovery.
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience of supervising or mentoring junior scientists.
- Design and execute experimental research plans to validate host targets for infectious diseases and to discover new therapeutics through activity, mechanism of action, and target engagement studies.
- Develop assays and implement new technologies to enable the delivery of experimental objectives and to expand the technical capabilities of the Research Unit.
- Record and interpret experimental data, and present results to project team members and the IDRU leadership.
- Collaborate with scientists from other GSK R&D functions and third parties to deliver scientific evidence to enable robust decision-making by project teams.
- Comply with GSK’s standards and practices for data integrity, ethics, and safety.