Hershey Food Safety Compliance Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
The Hershey Company Robinson plant is a non-union plant producing products such as PayDay, Heath, Skor, Milk Duds, Whoppers, Reese’s Pieces, Zero, Brookside Fruit Crunchy, & Scharffen Berger, in a high-speed complex environment.
Under minimal guidance, the Food Safety Compliance Specialist’s primary role is to coordinate efforts to achieve and maintain Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification and compliance Hershey’s Product Excellence Program (PEP).
The incumbent shall be responsible for assuring compliance and/or coordination of following programs: new hire training, compliant content of monthly employee training, maintenance of the plant’s food safety and quality program and various computer support systems for data manipulation, basic analysis and reports of product quality information. This position also has oversite responsibility of the microbiology lab.
Job Title: Food Safety Compliance Specialist
Location: Robinson, Illinois, United States
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field required.
- Preferred certifications include Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner, Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certification, HACCP certification
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required (5 years preferred)
- Lead the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the plant’s food safety/food quality program to assure compliance with The Hershey Company’s Product
- Excellence Program and GFSI standards.
- Delivers high level of technical competency on all aspects of the QA Document/Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) process.
- To assure compliance to the food safety/food quality programs, facilitate required employee training, complete required internal assessments, develop corrective/preventive actions, lead 3rd party audits, and complete required validation and verifications of the system.
- Interacts with regulatory officials on behalf of the plant by leading regulatory inspections including internal or external customers.
- Provide QA support to operations/engineering and lead/participate on project teams as assigned.
- Assure employee ownership of programs by communicating essential information related to food safety/food quality to all employees including management and line operatives.
Manage direct reports in the lab, assure compliance to sampling and testing, provide guidance and assist in the development of corrective and preventive action plans to results.
- As a backup to QA Manager investigates, analyzes & reviews quality incidents. Provide back-up during vacation & out of office circumstances.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Effective communication of technical and non-technical information to various levels, both internally and Effective communication of technical and non-technical information to various levels, both internally and externally to the organization
- Strong working knowledge of QA principles
- Knowledge of federal and state food industry regulations including Food Safety Modernization Act
- Understanding of sanitation and pest control practices.
Internal candidates shall have a strong understanding of The Hershey Company’s Product
- Excellence Program (PEP)
- Strong understanding of GFSI standards
- Strong computer and document management skills
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels internal and external to the plant to deliver timely results
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
- Strong auditing/assessment skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence management, enabling the activities of employee teams that do not have direct reporting to the Specialist
- Ability to interact effectively with a third party and internal auditors
- Position will primarily work 1st shift, but work schedule flexibility is required to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation is required