Roche Technical Development Scientist Vacancy – Microbiology Apply
Roche is looking for a highly motivated microbiologist to join the Process Virology team in Purification Development within US Pharm Technical Development (PTDU). The candidate will play a critical role in developing rapid microbiological methods in close collaboration with Cell Therapy and iNeST(an RNA-based individualized cancer immunotherapy) teams.
Extensive hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge are required
in microbial physiology, bacteria growth and media development, and molecular biology analytical methods such as PCR or NGS-based methods. Creative thinking, scientific rigor, experience in method development are essential. The selected individual is expected to work independently as well as in a team setting to design and execute experiments and strategies.
Job Title: Technical Development Scientist
Location: South San Francisco
- Ph.D. or Bachelors degree with minimum 5-year relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience; Degree in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline with industrial or clinical microbiology experience.
- Candidates must have a strong background in more than one of the following areas: microbial physiology, microbial fermentation process development, microbiological tests, molecular biological methods such as PCR or NGS.
- Knowledge and experience in novel microbiological methods.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities and problem-solving skills, and hands-on work in the lab.
- High flexibility and strong work ethic.
- A ‘can-do attitude, with the ability to deal with ambiguity, manage complex situations and to “think out of the box” and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks and manage priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present scientific results clearly and concisely
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Customer-focused, motivated, detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Development of rapid microbiological methods with similar or better assay performance than compendial methods
- Development of PCR and NGS based rapid sterility methods to support new modality process/product development.
- Design, execute and analyze experiments, and present results to cross-functional teams
- Author technical reports in support of microbiological method development activities
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate functions in PTD and microbiology SMEs in the Roche network.
Roche Technical Development Scientist