PPD Virology Research Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Job Title: Associate Research Scientist
Department: Vaccine Sciences
Location: Richmond, Virginia
*Immediate openings, full-time, benefits, relocation assistance available!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use the newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstones of our success.
- As an Associate Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the regulatory and scientific conduct of development, validation, stability projects, and/or other specialty technologies such as extractable/leachable studies.
- At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award-winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Education and Experience:
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to BS + 6 years, Masters + 4 years, or Ph.D. + 2 years).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of immunology and virology
- Assay development experience
- Ability to independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
- Proficiency in technical operating systems
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Ability to train junior staff
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Responsible for the regulatory and scientific conduct of development, validation, stability projects, and/or other specialty technologies such as extractable/leachable studies. Performs troubleshooting on multiple analytical instrumentation and multiple detection techniques (UV, FL, CAD, ELSD, IC, etc.), calculates and interprets data, and records data in adherence with PPD SOPs and any additional requirements specific to the lab and/or client. Routinely acts as the technical project leader for multiple projects, interacts with clients on a weekly basis (or as needed) to provide updates, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols.
- Independently performs analytical testing, method optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Understands and conforms to methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks.
- Designs and executes experiments independently.
- Reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Prepares and reviews study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Communicates data and technical issues to clients on a weekly basis (or as needed).
- Provides technical guidance and training to staff.
- Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) troubleshooting sessions.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of SOPs and quality systems.
- Reviews interpret and analyze data for technical, quality, and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good
- Laboratory Practices (GLP). Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers
PPD Virology Research Scientist