Research Assistant Jobs in UK – Apply Below
Research Assistant Jobs in UK, A research assistant position is currently available in the Endocrinology Section of the Department of Metabolism, Digestion, and Reproduction at the Hammersmith Hospital Campus. This position is funded by Diabetes UK and offers the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of Dr. Ben Jones. The research primarily focuses on investigating the molecular mechanisms and therapeutic relevance of “biased agonism” at class B G protein-coupled receptors, with a particular emphasis on the GLP-1 receptor. The laboratory and research team provide a diverse and welcoming environment, and the post holder may have the possibility to complete a Ph.D. during their tenure if desired.
Job Posting: Research Assistant
- The research assistant will be actively involved in a project focused on analyzing the role and mechanisms of biased GLP-1 receptor signaling in the treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes, both independently and in conjunction with other class B GPCR agonists.
- Accuracy and reliability in data collection, along with maintaining thorough records of findings, will be essential. Additionally, the post holder will be responsible for writing reports to be submitted to research sponsors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in researching the role and mechanisms of biased GLP-1 receptor signaling
- Analyze data and maintain accurate and complete records
- Write reports for submission to research sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree and MSc in Biochemistry/Biological Sciences/Biomedicine or a related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in the field of incretin receptors
- Practical experience within a research environment, particularly in in vivo research
- Excellent laboratory and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to perform routine and non-routine tasks within deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing timetables or work patterns