Bristol Myers Squibb Intern Summer 2022, Translational Pathology
Bristol Myers Squibb Intern Summer 2022, Translational Pathology. At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Intern, Translational Pathology (Summer 2022)
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Req ID: R1549064
Position Type: Full Time
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS Translational Pathology is seeking a talented and motivated bioinformatics scientist to join our 2022 Intern Program in the Translational Pathology group at Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS). Members of this teamwork on various projects in concert with Discovery, Translational Research, Biomarker, Pathology and Pharmacodiagnostics for further development of the BMS Oncology/Immuno-Oncology and other therapeutic area pipelines, contributing to target discovery, lead selection, safety assessment, clinical biomarker validation, and indication selection for BMS clinical trials.
As an intern, you will gain experience in data integration and data mining in tumour profiling sets. You will be responsible for applying cutting-edge bioinformatics, statistics, and machine learning methods; working with clinical and large-scale omics data sets from BMS’s industry-leading late-stage oncology pipeline; influencing development strategies and maximizing the value of BMS’s portfolio. This also has the exciting opportunity to make major contributions to the scientific knowledge of cancer biology and to the improvement of treatment for cancer patients.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, engage late stage clinical development team, biomarker scientist, biostatistician, and others key stakeholders to define and execute biomarker data analysis plans for exploratory translational research projects in high priority disease areas
- Perform integrated analysis of clinical and biomarker datasets (e.g., large-scale omics datasets including IHC, Spatial analysis, RNASeq, Exome and Whole Genome
- Sequencing, single cell sequencing and Proteomics) and derive clinically meaningful interpretations
- Identify potential biomarkers for patient enrichment strategies and gain mechanistic insights of responses and resistances to BMS treatments
- Summarize analysis results and report conclusions to BMS decision-making bodies
- Evaluate and adapt latest scientific findings and methods into bioinformatics analysis plans
- Senior level graduate student in an MS or PhD program, in statistics, biological or physical sciences, or related fields.
- Deep understanding of disease biology in oncology is desired
- Experience working with clinical study data is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining rigorous quality measures
- Broad experience with data generated by one or more high-throughput assays: multiplex spatial IHC/IF data, next-generation sequencing, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry proteomics, etc.
- Strong experience in the use of a high-level programming language such as R, MATLAB, Python or Perl for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
- Excellent communication, data presentation, and visualization skills
- Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.