Nestlé QC Laboratory Technician Internships 2021
Nestlé QC Laboratory Technician Internships 2021. The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
QC Laboratory Technician Internships
Job ID: 21002173
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Job Category: Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Company: Nestle Health Science
We have 2 QC Laboratory Technician Internship opportunities available!
Hours: Flexible on 1st or 2nd shift. Part-time hours (20 hours) during school semesters and full-time (40 hours) available during summers.
Seeking a student looking for a long-term 1 year internship opportunity. (May/June 2021 – May/June 2022)
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality.
Conduct microbiological sampling and examinations of environmental samples, incoming materials, in-line samples, semi-finished product, and finished product in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Conduct sampling, inspection and audits.
QC Microbiology Lab
- Microbiological sampling and examinations including, but not limited to testing aseptic and terminally sterilized low-acid nutritional beverages for adherence to commercial sterility standards by pour plate streak or ATP Bioluminescence & pH testing. Media preparation for use in plating methodology. Sampling for Plant Environmental Monitoring and plating of Enterobacteriaceae by 3M Petrifilm.
- Prepare, review, and report results of inspections, commercial sterility and microbiological analyses; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Review testing of current materials and dispositions accordingly.
- Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
- Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment
- Tracks, orders and stocks laboratory supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program with at least 2 years of courses completed (Chemistry, Food Technology, Biology, Microbiology or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical experience
- Expertise in chemical and nutritional analyses or microbiological analyses
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is an asset