Pharmacovigilance Jobs in UK – Pharmacovigilance Inspector Role – Apply Below
Who are we?
Pharmacovigilance Jobs in UK, The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency enhances and improves the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The objective of the Healthcare Quality and Access portfolio is to drive quality and critically appraise benefits and risks to inform robust decisions on healthcare access including accelerated access pathways.
Role: Pharmacovigilance Inspector
Working pattern: Full-time, Homeworking
Reference number: 323371
Business area: MHRA – Healthcare, Quality and Access Group
Type of role: Medical
Number of jobs available: 01
- We are currently looking for a Pharmacovigilance Inspector to join our Standards & Compliance Team within the HQ&A group.
- This is a full-time opportunity, permanently. The role will be home-based with occasional travel to our Canary Wharf London and South Mimms offices as well as travel to inspection sites.
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK and not overseas. Please discuss this with the recruiting manager before accepting an appointment.
- Salary arrangements depend on home location with London-based employees receiving a London rate of £56,353. Regardless of your location, you will receive a Market Pay Supplement of £3,000 p.a. which will increase to £6,000 p.a. upon accreditation.
What’s the role?
- The post holder will be a part of the GPvP Compliance Team whose remit is to perform inspections at a wide range of sites in the UK (and potentially overseas) to assess the compliance of organizations with their legal obligations.
- The role also involves engaging with stakeholders across a variety of platforms to help improve industry compliance and contribute to safeguarding public health.
- As a Pharmacovigilance Inspector, you will be part of a dynamic and supportive team. In your role, you will have autonomy in how to plan and structure your day-to-day work, including inspections.
- This post is aimed at candidates with substantial pharmacovigilance knowledge or GxP auditing experience.
- If successful, initial employment will start at Grade 7 and you will receive a market pay supplement of £3,000 per year.
- You will then be expected to achieve accreditation as an Inspector within 12 months of joining the Agency. Upon successful accreditation, the market pay supplement will be increased to £6,000 per year.
- The recruitment process consists of an application form, interview, and assessment center aimed at evaluating your experience and knowledge of pharmacovigilance as well as your technical abilities and behaviors which will help you succeed in this role.
- To perform GPvP inspections of marketing authorization holders and their service providers, primarily within the UK but also potentially overseas. This includes planning, conducting, and reporting inspections and assessing the adequacy of responses from the inspected organization.
- To contribute to the GPvP Compliance Team’s compliance management process to ensure that instances of suspected or known non-compliance are handled appropriately.
- To engage effectively with external stakeholders across a variety of platforms.
- To work closely across inspection teams, Agency departments, and external regulators to ensure inspection activities are planned and communicated effectively.
- To support the continued development of the Compliance Team quality system by maintaining current knowledge and expertise in relevant scientific, professional, and administrative matters.
Who are we looking for?
Our successful candidate will:
- Have a degree in a relevant science, medical, or engineering degree (e.g. pharmacy, chemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, biology, medicine, engineering).
- Have experience of working in Good Pharmacovigilance Practice in a pharmaceutical-orientated regulatory environment and/or relevant auditing experience.
- Can work unsupervised for long periods, but also able to work within a team environment demonstrating good planning and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Have proven ability to analyze and identify issues, make sound decisions, take appropriate actions tactfully and effectively, influence key stakeholders, and take responsibility for results.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, IT literate including skills in Microsoft Office.