Siemens Biochemistry Job Vacancy 2023 – Biochemist Post
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Biochemist- Technical Operations
The Biochemist Tech Ops will be responsible for conducting validation and verification activities to ensure project completion within expected parameters and time frame. You will design and conduct experiments to identify process issues related to undesirable reagent or manufacturing performance, and identify resolutions for those issues.
Job Title: Biochemist
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Preferred Bachelors or Masters in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- 3 plus years’ experience, preferably in a medical device or related industry
- Expertise and deep knowledge in protein chemistry
- Strength in one or more of the following areas: Clinical Chemistry, Immunoassays, Biostatistics, Manufacturing Process Capability, and Computer Science.
- Proven experience in successful root cause analysis and resolution of manufacturing or design issues.
- Demonstrated competence in experimental design and data interpretation
- Working knowledge of basic statistics necessary to develop sampling plans and analyze data.
- Able to prepare technical reports and testing protocols per approved department and site procedures.
- Must be well versed in Office Applications, particularly Excel and Access; experience in SAP or Minitab desired.
- Willing to do small amount of travel (<10%).
- Very organized, detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
- Able to work well with personnel from different departments, and experience levels
- Lean Manufacturing and CAPA Investigator experience
- Demonstrates good laboratory and manufacturing practices
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process performance trending
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Both roles are well suited to ambitious professionals, looking for the next step in their career.
- Leading cross-functional manufacturing support team and mentoring junior biochemists.
- Collaborating with R&D personnel on product design changes and becoming a subject matter expert with respect to cardiac product reagent chemistry.
- Leading root-cause investigations and driving implementation of those solutions to improve reagent performance and manufacturability.
- Designing complex experiments, executing test protocols, and analyzing/interpreting their results.
- Applying principals of lean manufacturing and support continuous improvement activities to meet quality, cost and supply requirements.
- Effectively communicating (oral and written) work progress in both intra- and inter-departmental team forums.
- Providing well-written, coherent progress updates, validation documents, study protocols, and technical reports.
- Participating in supplier and internal audits; able to interact effectively with key suppliers.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Systematic troubleshooting of complex reagent manufacturing formulations and processes both in individual and team-based projects.
- Writing and executing validation plans.
- Leading root-cause analysis efforts.
- Identifying and implementing process and/or equipment improvements.
- Planning and executing complex lab studies and utilizing specialized testing techniques.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and presenting complex data for review and summarizing results in a technical report.
- Complying with ISO and FDA requirements for the medical device industry.
Siemens Biochemistry Job Vacancy