Takeda Hiring Biological Science Candidates – Quality Control Technician
As the Sr. Quality Control Technician I, you will conduct and perform different biological, chemical and physical analyses on pharmaceutical products (biologics and drugs) through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw materials to finished goods including environmental monitoring programs.
Job Title: Sr. Quality Control Technician
Job ID R0064044
Location Social Circle, Georgia
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biological science, or other related technical fields.
- Some related experience would be ideal.
- Advanced laboratory skills and basic knowledge of the statistical method.
- Knowledge of most laboratory equipment including autoclaves, incubators and analytical equipment.
- Must be proficient in multiple mathematical operations and calculations and be able to work with both the metric and US standards of measurement.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (can perform complex functions) and PowerPoint.
- May lift, push, pull and carry up to approximately 25 lbs.
- In general, your work will be a combination of sedentary work, standing and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
About the role:
You will manage environment monitoring, important utility sampling, endotoxin testing, bioburden for raw materials and in process, process samples, microbial identification and final product sterility testing. You will report directly to the Supervisor, Quality Assurance.
How you will contribute:
- Collect samples from manufacturing areas to evaluate environmental classification or important utility integrity.
- Conduct essential biological, chemical and physical analyses such as raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at the company manufacturing facilities.
- Use laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data (such as LIMS system). Perform assays and understand biology and chemistry principles.
- Complete all testing, including special project/protocol testing.
- Initiate and obtain applicable approval for test requests.
- May maintain inventory/supplies necessary to conduct routine testing.
- Follow continuous improvement practices (QLP, 5S, LEAN)
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations. Perform release functions in LIMS or other computerized systems.
- You are a support function to manufacturing operations and is required to coordinate testing activities and communication of results with IG, Fractionation, and Albumin. You will correspond with other departments such as Quality Assurance, Engineering and Maintenance. You may be asked to participate in interdepartmental teams and communicate with different levels of personnel including management and site leadership.
- You have effectiveness in ability to train others
- Technical problem-solving skills
Takeda Hiring Biological Science