Bristol Myers Squibb Bioprocess Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
Bristol Myers Squibb is inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. They bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference. So join hands with Bristol Myers Squibb and grab the post of bioprocess specialist. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Bioprocess Specialist
Location: Devens, Massachusetts; Boston, Massachusetts
Job Id: R1536154
Knowledge and Skill:
• High school diploma is required. Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is desired but not required.
• A minimum of 5 + years of process operations experience in a highly automated biotechnology manufacturing facility subject to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
• Strong knowledge of either upstream and/or downstream unit operation is essential.
• Practical knowledge of regulations such as GMP and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected
• Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web-based applications.
• Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success
• Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable.
• Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
Work Shift: *Rotating 12hr 36/48 night shift position (5PM – 5AM).
*This role will be inclusive of a 20% shift differential and 8 hours built in
over-time every other week..
1. Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures that are complex with instructions, where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
2. Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
3. Weighs and checks raw materials. Assembles, cleans, and sterilizes process equipment, monitors processes.
4. Completes electronic work instructions and maintains a clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements.
5. Operates all production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. Upstream: Media formulation equipment, glass washers, dispensary, bioreactors, harvest equipment or Downstream: Buffer equipment, glass washers, chromatography skids, membrane operations, column packing skids, etc.)
6. Effectively uses process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
7. Ensures less experienced manufacturing personnel comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and electronic work instructions.
8. Assists with the coordination and implementation of special projects such as validation or complex investigations.
9. Revises and creates process documents with no instructions, supports routine process investigations.
10. Assists with reviewing batch and exception reports for each manufacturing lot in conjunction with Quality representative.
11. Champions areas specific initiatives associated with work safety
12. Engages in and supports a culture of continual improvement through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment, and safe work environment.
Bristol Myers Squibb Bioprocess