Molecular Biology Jobs in Dubai – AstraZeneca is Hiring – Apply Below
Molecular Biology Jobs in Dubai, AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines, having more than 20 brands for the treatment of diseases in different therapeutic areas like Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Cardiovascular, Diabetes, and Oncology. AZ is living a total transformation worldwide through a science-led innovation strategy.
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people, and we’ll develop you beyond what you think is possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. Molecular Biology Jobs in Dubai, As Diagnostics Scientific Liaison, you will play a vital role in improving patient’s lives.
Molecular Biology Jobs in Dubai, The Diagnostics Scientific Liaison is responsible for being an interlocutor in molecular diagnosis in the territory, providing the HCP on the molecular diagnosis/precision medicine in oncology with the final objective of ensuring optimum quality patient identification who can benefit from the targeted therapies offered by AstraZeneca.
Job Posting: Diagnostic Science Liaison
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What You’ll Do:
Scientific Information Management and Building Opinion Leader Relationships
- Possesses solid scientific and diagnostic area knowledge in Oncology and the drive to continually build individual knowledge over time.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the science behind diagnostics including deep understanding of the range of diagnostic techniques/platforms and applications to patient identification.
- Regular meetings with Opinion Leaders and Influence groups to build partnerships, share data, request support, and provide technical support through publications, slide sets, round tables technical discussions.
- Respond to requests for information about diagnostic/biomarkers testing unapproved in local markets, presenting objective information, in well well-balanced, substantiated manner that is scientific in tone and content, free of promotional messages, truthful, and not misleading.
- Respond to requests by HCPs for information about technical details of biomarkers (methodology, testing process, results interpretation).
- Identify, map out, and partner with national, and regional Opinion Leaders and influence or advocacy groups for biomarkers testing inclusion/adoption.
- Work with Pathology, Pulmonology, Genetic and Molecular biology association as partners in scientific activities that help advance biomarker understanding and are consistent with AZ strategy & objectives, such as:
- Identify potential speakers and early adopters of biomarkers for patient management.
- Provide recommendations for advisory board participants.
Support testing access by improving the testing environment:
- Contribute to testing platforms/techniques implementation in strategic markets to ensure access to biomarkers testing.
- Facilitate continuous medical education events for HCPs, through activities that contribute to improving the diagnostic environment (access to testing and its inclusion in the routine of patient management).
- Truly understands the market-specific diagnostic/testing environment, including the science, process, potential barriers, and necessary commercial touch points to propose a treatment-linked diagnostic solution.
- Has detailed knowledge of the interconnected Oncology ecosystem of patients, advocacy groups, KOLs, payers & HCPs and knows which decision makers influence the testing protocol.
- Participate in the educational material development about testing and ensure the main messages are implemented in the target audience (HCPs).
- Contribute to external stakeholders’ engagement about the AZ testing program as a value proposition that ensures accurately targeted therapies.
- Define sample journey and support patient journey definition in each strategic account, establishing main patient leakage and proposing solutions to close the gaps.
Contribution to Brand and Diagnostic Strategy by supporting cross-functional team(s)
- Provide AZ with an understanding of the local diagnostic environment and trends and competitor diagnostic initiatives.
- Develop educational activities providing scientific references about the relevance of biomarkers in patient management to prepare the market for new therapeutic areas or indications.
- Communicate HCPs’ findings, needs, barriers, or opportunities with the cross-functional team.
- Implement local diagnostic activities defined in account plans and speak up when identifying a gap or is necessary to redirect local plans.
Facilitate Local Clinical Research (as appropriate)
- Participate in the development and conduction of local/regional studies with a focus on biomarker testing.
- Upon request, assist with various aspects of local clinical trials, including scientific support, site selection, and operational issues or feasibility assessments.
- Lead local evidence generation about diagnostic (pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical), biomarker prevalence.
- Ensure compliance with the Global Policy on SHE, its supporting documents, and the laws and regulations of the local market.
Essential For The Role
- University degree from medical / Science Departments
- Good command of written and spoken English
- At least 2 years experience in the Diagnostic Market and Clinical Testing Market; preferably Oncology experience for external candidates and Oncology or Specialty experience for internal candidates
- Good communication and presentation skills
- No restriction to traveling frequently
- Ability to communicate scientific information effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for Customers
- Intellectual curiosity and high motivation to learn
- Understanding of the commercial environment
Desirable for the role:
- Good strategic thinking
- Innovation and creativity
- Masters in molecular biology (or equivalent)
- To be able to influence people
- Advanced organizational skills
- Training in therapeutic area (disease and products), Product Training (SPC, competitors analyses, AZ products development, AZ product pipeline)
- Expertise in the diagnostic/biomarker testing process
- Experience in budget management
Note: Only applications based in the UAE will be considered