Biology & Biochemistry Trainer Vacancy @ Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Job Title: Scientist II – QC Trainer
Location Greenville, North Carolina, US
Job ID: 205568BR
Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related science field with 2 years Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience required; or 4 years and an advanced degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing tests or analyses for pharmaceutical finished products required.
- Experience with delivery of training in a cGMP laboratory environment.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High level of verbal communication skills including large group presentations.
- Strong knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry, including pharmaceutical GMPs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of chemistry and analytical instrumental technologies.
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
How will you make an impact?
This position will deliver on-the-job training to incoming Quality Control laboratory employees on basic and advanced laboratory techniques in a cGMP environment.
What will you do?
- Assist with the development of, and lead the delivery of the QC laboratory onboarding program. This program will acclimate new employees with essential skills and department procedures.
- Deliver specific analytical technique training to qualify employees in the execution of validated test methods for pharmaceutical products by HPLC, UV and traditional quantitative analysis, and/or traditional wet chemical testing.
- Assist in the development of training courses and documents.
- Write and revise SOPs.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good
- Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company standards.
Biology & Biochemistry Trainer