Cepheid Summer Internship Program – Applications Invited
Cepheid Summer Internship Program – Applications Invited. Today, Cepheid operates within the Danaher family of Operating Companies. With a patient-centric approach, the Company is striving to deliver the benefits of seamlessly accessible molecular testing closer to the patient, enabling a higher quality of care, lower costs, and improved outcomes.
Job Title: US Regulatory Affairs Intern
Job Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States of America
Job ID: R1129529
About the Summer Internship Program:
- Our internship opportunities are the gateway for your entry into the exciting world of molecular diagnostics by enabling you to put your academic training and passion to work for a global company whose products impact health care every day.
- As an intern, you’ll be part of a team developing rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics – from ideation and innovation through the development and delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology and oncology applications. It takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever thought possible.
About the Department:
- Our US Regulatory Affairs Department is responsible for creating and executing regulatory strategies and plans that allow us to obtain clearance or approval of Cepheid’s products by the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA).
- In addition, the team is also responsible for preparing and assembling technical documents for these products for review and approval by a notified body, in order to obtain the CE-marking for the products in the European Union (EU).
During this internship, you will have an opportunity to gain experience in developing a regulatory strategy and plan for a new product in development. In collaboration with our Regulatory Affairs personnel, you will participate in a Q-submission, 510(k) filing and/or technical documentation for a new product in development.
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- College student in senior year or recent college graduate (graduated no more than 6 months before start of summer internship) interested in a career in Regulatory Affairs.
- Currently pursuing degree in: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Basic understanding of molecular diagnostics, clinical or regulatory affairs desired.
Junior or Senior level students majoring in Biological Science, Physical Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- As part of Cepheid’s Biosafety and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, any associate who will be working with biohazardous materials or those who are required to work where others are using biohazardous materials, will be required to show proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination and take a biosafety training.
- For associates who are not vaccinated but are willing to be, Cepheid will schedule the vaccination with our occupational health clinic before the intern goes into the lab.
Hiring managers and Cepheid’s Biosafety Officer will determine which internships fall under this requirement.
- Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.