Merck Biology & Biochemistry Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Job Title: Scientist, Cell-based assays
- North Wales, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- West Point, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific field with at least 2 years of relevant experience in analytical method execution, development, validation, and/or quality control (QC).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with cell-based relative potency assays, mammalian cell culture, ELISAs, assay development, and troubleshooting
- Ability to independently follow procedures and work within a cross-functional team
- Ability to think critically and learn new techniques
- Good technical communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and proven performance record
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) laboratory environment in the area of large molecules (biologics, vaccines) with experience in cell-based assay analytical methods
- Experience with GMP compliance
- Familiarity with assay validations
- Experience with deviation management and change control processes.
- Experience with Electronic Notebook and LIMS systems.
- Experience with SoftMax Pro template creation
Biologics and Vaccines Analytics (BVA), in our Manufacturing Division, is responsible for the commercialization of analytical methods for our biologics and vaccines pipeline. Our work supports programs from late-stage development through launch and transfer to supply. This team is highly motivated, fast-paced, and focused on the rapid advancement of our Company’s pipeline and the growth of our existing products. We also provide in-line analytical support to enable worldwide robust product availability.
They are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Scientist in our cell-based potency assay group supporting our biologics programs. This position will work in a cGMP environment under the direction of a laboratory lead and will be expected to execute cell-based potency assays, cell culture propagation, cell line monitoring, and maintenance of cGMP-compliant labs. The candidate will work with colleagues to deliver high quality results for these assays by supporting sample testing, assay development/optimization, validation/transfer, technical troubleshooting, regulatory submissions and life-cycle management of methods supporting our company’s pipeline and inline biologics.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
- Analytical cell-based assay method execution, optimization, robustness, and validation
- Sample testing support and reporting
- Routine lab management
- Development and management of project timelines and deliverables
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional project teams
- Authoring of technical documents
- Commercial life-cycle management of the biologic’s analytical strategy
Merck Biology & Biochemistry