Colgate Food Science/Biology/Microbiology Job – Apply Online
The role of a Quality Documentation Specialist is to maintain site document management system (DMS) against regulatory requirements and compliance to the Colgate Quality Standards. This role is also responsible in assisting the quality department in effective training, assisting with management of change process lifecycle (MOC) and acting as technical resource to resolve issues. The role is responsible for utilizing continuous improvement processes and implementation as directed of best practices.
Job Title: Quality Documentation Specialist
Location: # 147746 – Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical areas of: Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology
- 1+ years of quality department work experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Previous auditing experience working with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), & Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- Practical knowledge of site wide documentation system management
- Previous SAP experience
- FSPCA Preventative Controls for Animal Food Certification (PCQI), knowledge of HACCP & SPC
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of cGMP’s and ability to lead by example.
- Technical writing proficiency, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of business process systems such as: Microsoft or Google
- Ability to provide support on all shifts, including shifts and weekends as needed
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying compliance issues which need correction or improvement for key Quality systems including but not limited to Document Control / Record Management, Validation Program, Change Control, and Internal / External Audits.
- Oversee daily, weekly, monthly batching/production/packaging records and reports and ensure they are accurately maintained and reviewed for compliance both in hard copy documentation and electronic data capture systems.
- Oversee Management of Change (MOC) system for change control including support on validation of change implementation. Includes management of updates to MES / OPERA for quality electronic data collection due to changes in specifications, procedures, etc.
- Generate and maintain as directed Quality KPIs for holds, customer complaints, product & raw material non-conformances, training compliance, Good Documentation Practices, and MOC.
- Maintains proficiency in SAP document lifecycle process flow and application for all site processes. Must be able to respond to requests to quickly retrieve, send, route for approval, review, scan, and file site records procedures, and related Hill’s documentation.
- Assist Quality Compliance TL / Quality Manager in preparing / conducting training, as requested.
- Establishes a cross-functional partnership with other departments and functional areas to provide support for ensuring the achievement of the Quality department’s goals.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EOHS requirements.
Colgate Food Science/Biology